|Vacancy Title:||Senior chef de partie - Top London Theatre|
This role reports into the Development Head Chef, and to the Sous Chef in their absence.
• Primary responsibility is to assist in overseeing the day to day running of the Café, focusing on the lunch and dinner food offering.
• Review the café offer seasonally and design daily menus ensuring the targeted GPs are met.
• Ensure readiness for service and prep is set for peak trade.
• Assist with event operations as instructed by either the Development Head Chef/Sous Chef, including preparation and service.
• Supervise Catering Assistants and Kitchen Porters when managing a shift to ensure the company standards are maintained.
• Maximise income and minimise expenditure without loss of quality in all areas of responsibility.
• Ensure the Company Health and Safety and Food Safety Policy is adhered to at all times.
• Ensure storage of the food meets company and statutory Health and Safety requirements.
• Ensure that all catering equipment is maintained for usage and report any faulty equipment or breakages to the Development Head Chef/Sous Chef.
• Attend occasional staff meetings, training sessions and other events which may take place outside normal working hours, whilst maintaining a strong line of communication with your line manager.
• Maintain a friendly and cordial working relationship with all colleagues.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following skills, experience, and personal qualities:
Essential • Previous experience of working in a busy café, preparing and delivering food to a high standard at CDP level.
• Previous experience of creating daily menus around seasons.
• An ability to work to high standards under pressure.
• Good palate and a passion for food.
• A good team player.
• A solid understanding of Health & Safety and Food Safety.
• Levelheaded/sensible, trustworthy and reliable.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Pro-active in problem solving, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Desirable • Previous experience in working within events
• Previous venue or contract caterer experience
You will need to have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role, along with all the necessary supporting documents.