|Vacancy Title:||General Manager - Exclusive wellness and holistic lifestyle Club - Day times|
Responsible for the overall effective day to day operations of the operation responsibilities include:
Management of the Club kitchen and floor operations, overseeing and coordinating a team of 35 staff
Directing the activities of all supervisors, culinary and department personnel in both front-of-house and back-of-house as required
Working with Events
Evaluating performance, coordinating scheduling of personnel to provide adequate staffing, instructing employees on policies, procedures, duties and activities, handling disciplinary matters
Anticipating guest needs–ensuring guest service in accordance with the highest standards, investigating food quality&service complaints
Purchasing, inventory management, invoices, food budget control, P&L
Recruitment, training & development,
Maintaining positive client relations
- Deliver high level of customer service to all residents and visitors to the Village.
- To deliver high quality services to the Residents of the Village, whilst ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the services they receive.
- To be a visible presence and provide a first point of contact for Residents ensuring that issues are dealt with in an efficient and professional manner, whilst balancing the financial constraints of the business and the Residents’ expectations.
- To seek to understand the Residents’ perspective and address all issues raised on that basis.
- To respond in a timely manner to any complaints made by Residents or their relatives ensuring that full details of both the complaint and the action taken are recorded.
- To provide support to individual residents in respect of ad hoc issues as they arise, directing individuals to other appropriate agencies as appropriate.
- To work collaboratively with the Village Residents’ Association and its elected Committee and Officers.
- To attend meetings of the Residents’ Association Committee (by invitation) and to meet regularly with the Chairman of the Residents’ Association to discuss matters relating to the life and work of the Village.
- Manage facilities such as the Restaurant provided by the Company for the benefit of the Residents and their guests, ensuring that it is providing a high level of service.
- Where franchises are place, to oversee and monitor any other functions provided by franchisees for the benefit of the Residents and their guests, including where necessary negotiating the terms of franchise agreements.
- To work collaboratively with other Retirement Villages staff to ensure that any development and/or redevelopment schemes are successfully implemented. This may involve attendance at Site Meetings and other similar meetings on behalf of the Management Company.
- To ensure the effective recruitment, management and training of staff in accordance with Retirement Villages Human Resources policies.
- To undertake the day to day supervision of senior Village staff to ensure the smooth running of the community.
- To monitor and evaluate Village staff, to address performance issues as they arise, as well as encouraging the development of individuals to provide a pool of skilled and talented individuals able to deliver high quality services to the Residents of the Village.
- To monitor attendance, managing issues of absence as they arise to ensure that service levels are maintained and budgets adhered to.
- To ensure that the administrative processes associated with employment are carried out in line with company policy and all statutory obligations.
- To ensure that all staff within the Independent Village receive Induction training in line with both local practice and Retirement Villages policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all staff within the Village receive appropriate training in order to carry out their duties and responsibilities effectively and safely.
- To consult and inform staff regarding relevant issues within the Villages and the Company.
- To ensure that all services specified in the Lease and Deed are provided to Residents.
- To understand and comply with all the legal and other regulatory constraints involved in managing property.
- To be conversant with all types of leases within the Village and ensure that both the Landlord’s and the Tenant’s obligations under the Lease are met.
- To oversee all major works projects taking place at the Village, taking into consideration the upgrades and improvements required, working alongside other third party professionals
- Following all relevant legislation with regards to repairs and maintenance.
- To plan and implement a programme of routine and preventative maintenance throughout the Village.
- To ensure the appropriate, timely and cost effective response to individual resident’s requests for maintenance of their premises as provided for in the Lease and to ensure that all such requests are properly logged and tracked.
- To ensure that an out of hours emergency maintenance service is available to residents as needed.
- To engage contractors where appropriate to carry out cost effective and high quality work.
- To manage the relationship with contractors to ensure adherence to Retirement Villages policies and procedures whilst they are working on site.
- To act in the best interests of the company to assist in property sales and the whole re-sale process where residents or their relatives are seeking to assign the lease of their property.
- Through regular inspection ensure that a high quality environment is maintained throughout the Village.
- To act on behalf of the Landlord in property matters within the parameters set by the Managing Director.
- to prepare an Annual Village Business Plan for the Village taking account of the local needs and the overall objectives of Retirement Villages.
- In conjunction with the Estates Manager and Director, to prepare and monitor the annual budgets for the Villages taking account of the requirements of the Lease and Deed and the approved Business Plan, undertaking all necessary consultations with the Residents.
- To deliver all contractual services to residents within the parameters of the approved budget
- To ensure the timely collection of all service charges and other sums due from residents.
- To meet with the Residents Finance Group to discuss the Budget and End of Year accounts.
- To assist is promoting the sale of other services provided by Retirement Villages or any of its associated companies to the residents of the Village.
Health & Safety
- To be the designated person with overall responsibility for Health and Safety matters within the Village
- To ensure the provision of a safe environment for Residents, staff and visitors
- To comply with all legislative requirements and local and Company wide policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety at Work
- To work collaboratively with any consultants appointed by Retirement Villages to provide advice and guidance on Health and Safety matters.
- To ensure the adequate recording and reporting of Health and Safety at Work in line with Company policies and Procedures and also with any statutory requirements.
- To be involved with the delivery of additional products and services, and to promote the “Retirement Villages” brand within each Village.
- To ensure that the Managing Director is fully briefed on all matters relating to the running of the Village on a regular basis.
- To prepare any reports, briefings or other documents which may from time to time be required by Senior Managers or Directors of the Company.
- To attend any such meetings and training courses as may be reasonably required, including where necessary overnight stays away from home.
- Such other duties as are commensurate with the post.
Minimum five (5) years experience gained within a high profile restaurant/private club environment,/hospitality emphasis on fine dining high end customer service required
Proven marketing acumen and entrepreneurial flair with excellent networking skills to increase on existing levels of business and boost club membership and increase local awareness of facilities
Must possess a strong knowledge of food and beverage procedures, controls and administration as well as complete awareness and ability to perform all food service functions
Excellent verbal communication FOH and supervisory skills
You will need to have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role, along with all the necessary supporting documents.