|Vacancy Title:||Assistant General Manager - Busy Pub and events venue|
|This exciting pub and events venue offers a fun welcoming, tolerant and homely space for people exploring alternative lifestyles, the LGBTQ+ community and more.|
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the bar areas.
Keeping the bar team in order, passing on information to and from management so they can fulfil their duties, spending time with the bookings team and the operations manager to plan upcoming functions. Encouraging, training, and guiding other members of staff in all areas.
You will be responsible for ordering, stocktakes, filing invoices, cashing up and till processes.
As AGM, you will have a higher understanding of the running of the pub including end of week, opening and closing processes, cocktail techniques, equipment usage and so on.
You will be highly responsive and can improvise as and when needed.
You will be organising any training that the team require and run weekly bar team meetings, and monthly health and safety meetings alongside other managers.
You are responsible for creating new cocktail menus seasonally, and for keeping track of GPs and P&L.
Create rotas in Tanda and maintain timesheets and holiday requests.
• Organise and hold regular meetings with your staff.
• Always lead by example, including time-keeping, presentation and attitude.
• Ensure that the bar is ready and open for service on time.
• Bar looks clean and presentable, and adheres to EHO standards.
• Make sure that all cleaning procedures are controlled and signed off
• Ensure that all bar menus are printed, up to date and presentable
• Special events are delivered within deadlines given
• Ensure trainings are communicated and attended
• Stock take needs to be taken by yourself or a senior member of your staff
• Sign off on ordering of all bar stock
• Organise cocktail specials when required
• Communication with marketing is regular, clear and productive
• Payroll is within the agreed monetary figure.
• Beverage cost is within the agreed percentage figure.
• Utilise our digital, on-line and technology-based systems as requested
• Maintain and communicate any maintenance issues within the venue
• Ensure that all time sheets and invoices for your team are correct
Key figure within the overall running of the Bars, customer facing also with cocktail knowledge, a great attitude and experience of running comparable busy bar venues.
Maintain responsibility for leading, inspiring and motivating the team to achieve workforce stability, productivity and loyalty
Excellent with training, leading the team, stock , ordering and financials.
|Salary & Benefits:|
|£28 k plus tips and service charge.|
|2 days off - 45 hours per week|
You will need to have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role, along with all the necessary supporting documents.