Operations ManagerHotel Operations Manager - Cambridge UK
Near Cambridge, is a newly refurbished 18 bedroom hotel with a brand new restaurant, conference and banqueting facility for up to 150 guests. This unique, 13th Century property is a very busy, multi-service operation. We cater for everything from weddings to business-brunches as well as having a thriving restaurant and bar for both residents and non-residents, serving home cooked, contemporary British food.
We are looking to recruit a brilliant Operations Manager with superb organizational skills, creativity, flair and the gravitas to lead a large team and provide exceptional customer service at front-of-house.
- Day-to-day running and delivery of all hotel operations including; front desk, housekeeping, human resources, supply ordering and food service.
- Revenue generation and sales focus across departments using the Red Lion Sales and Marketing plan.
- Ensuring all guests have a positive customer experience and taking appropriate action to manage when they don’t
- Overseeing product and service quality following the Red Lion brand standards of service.
- Performance Management of F&B supervisors using the Human Resource Management guidelines
- Ensure ‘up-selling’ initiatives are implemented in all areas
- Maintaining Health & Safety and security within the hotel
- Prepare weekly staff-rota for all areas
- Prepare, manage and achieve department budgets
- Contribute to the overall strategic plan of the business and help compile the annual hotel business plan.
- Work with and oversee the Conference and Events operation to include weddings, conferences, meetings, private dinners etc.
- Liaise with the Head Chef and Sales and Marketing department on new menus and seasonal food promotions
- Keep abreast of food and drink trends in the local area and implement best practice initiatives
You are an experienced, innovative, hands-on, Hotel Operations or General Manager, capable of working in a fast-paced, high-turnover environment. Someone with a fresh approach, a critical eye for detail and a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude is essential as you will be responsible for running the day-to-day, as well as helping to grow future business.
You must have worked in a hotel or ‘gastro-pub with rooms’ and be skilled in conferences, weddings and overseeing several operations at once! Your working day will be filled with surprises and new challenges on a daily basis alongside the routine of setting budgets and staff rotas.
You will have a proven track record that demonstrates these skills and are an effective and inspiring leader. You must be wonderfully organised, an excellent communicator and you will know what controls are needed to meet budgets and deliver the high standards needed. Ideally, you will also hold a qualification in Hotel Management or Hospitality.
You must also be a genuine foodie, with a knowledge and passion for delivering an interesting food and drink experience that will keep customers coming back for more!
Salary & Benefits
£25k - £30k P/A
•Staff accommodation rates across the portfolio of hotels.
•Group personal pension
•Employee Assistance Programme (24 hour helpline)
•Eligibility to enter Hotel bonus scheme.
Competitive annual leave package
In accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, candidates must prove their entitlement to work in the UK – Verification of Documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process
£30,000 per annum + performance linked bonus